Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Bargain

You know just what to give me, the decadence 
Of writhing silently beneath your knowledge,
The certainty that whatever I ask you for
Is mine, if I just pay you first in blood,
In tears, in sweat, in bodily autonomy,
You always deliver me my future on a platter...
You always give me strength and confidence,
You finally give me 
Everything I've sold my golden soul for. 

How could I not worship at your altar,
The home I'm safest in, the arms that keep me safe
Have always belonged to heaven's golden man
Turned mercenary, sellsword, lawyer, king.
And at your place of worship I am settling down 
Into the power that you've given me,
Onto the chessboard that you've set us up, 
Use me and my gifts, my strengths, my strategy
To level kingdoms to th'unholy ground. 

Thank you for the worshipping, the sacrifices,
Thank you for the trust and confidence 
To put your ancient hand upon my shoulder
And guide me towards my endless home, again. 
Anything I've asked you for, you've given me,
And when the time comes forth I will be yours
To use as sellsword and as mercenary,
To pay you back in joy, and laughs, and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment