Thursday, April 19, 2018

Payment

If I had to pay for you with poetry I would never write another word.
My soul would exist without a shadow of doubt regarding this makeshift sacrifice,
My mind would not feel one twinge of regret or of heartache,
You would simply exist in my heart, kept safe between the lines of my bones,
And I, always content to write poetry with my tongue on your skin. 
The stars would still shine upon us, not one ray out of place or mis-timed,
The sun would lag a few minutes and make sure you have time to be mine. 
I would burn all of my notebooks, spread the ashes all over this earth,
Rip the lead from all of my pencils, throw away thousands of pens,
I would do whatever it takes to never write you again. 
I would hold you tightly against me, play with your hair or your lips or your skin,
Write epics and novels and music until we're both exhausted again. 
There is no price I'm unwilling to cover, I would pay with a pound of my flesh,
You're all I have ever wanted and all poetry fades when compared. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment