Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Il Mio Destino

I shouldn't write you from my veins. 

I've spent so much of my time these last few years 
A prisoner to my own beliefs of love. 
Of what was mine. Of what was meant to be. 
And in you walk, a roman statue among men,
A silent force behind those turbulent eyes. 
What plagues you, darling?
Do you see my demise? 
My gentle unraveling, 
The hope in my lies?

Did it jolt you awake? 
The string between us going taut,
And you could hang the night sky
On my last hope. Did you feel it too?
The stars aligning, words colliding,
And all the while we stand apart. 
Philosophies. Ethics. Boundaries. 
Who would have thought
That kismet can be tamed?

I shouldn't write you into life, my sweet. 
Although I feel it coming, barreling towards me,
And you shall be my new collateral,
The gift the universe delivers me. 

And I have resurrected 
All the pieces of my mended soul,
To lay at your feet
If you conquer me. 

You're legions ahead, my sweet,
You are the new one gifted to me... 
Mine to unravel, mine to taste. 
Your scent on my skin, 
A kiss to seal fate. 
Do we dare? 

You've summoned me, sweetheart, 
That storm came from me,
And through me you'll get all you deserve. 
Just, let me in; 
I exist to serve... 

No comments:

Post a Comment