Monday, October 15, 2018

I hope

I hope you know that every time I am confronted with the word "soulmate" I have to swallow down the sharp shards of your broken promises. I feel them snag at my flesh leaving behind wounds that never seem to seal again, wounds that continue to leak their infection inside me.

I hope you feel the blood rushing down my throat, drowning me in the possibilities that will never become. Do you even remember the times we would wake screaming because the other had nightmares? Or the mirrors our bodies became of one another, copying wounds like a nightmarish Xerox machine?

I hope you find love like the kind I felt. The kind that pushes you to the end of your rope and like bungee jumping reassures you that your next step will always be safe. That there's always someone to pull you back from the depths.

I hope everything you siphoned from me will keep you warm in the lifetimes to follow because I am done following you. You stole all my light and my power and left me a black hole of emotion in which to feel anything I must be sobbing or lying.

I hope my emptiness is worth your happiness because when you took your installments,  your rightful taxes,  you left nothing for me. Gave nothing to me. You're in unknown arms sleeping soundly and I am alone missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment